The Adirondack Mountain Club has released its new High Peaks Trails Guide and map. The latest release is the 15th edition of the club’s most popular publication. This addition is a must-buy as it reflects many significant changes, including land classifications, land unit additions, and trail updates.
The guide has been down sized to fit into your pack more easily.
The Map Pack includes the High Peaks Trails Guidebook and Lake Placid/High Peaks Trails Illustrated Map 742. Members receive a 20% discount.
Guidebook specs: 312 pages. Softcover. New compact size: 5″ x 7″.
Add this one to your hiking collection!
Some key changes
- Addition of the Boreas Wilderness Area and more information about the areas north of Paul’s Smith.
- The notable zone changes that the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation has implemented.
- New trails and reroutes (e.g., a new trail to Wolf Pond, closure of the Porter Mt. trail from the Garden, a new route to Allen Mt, additions to the Champlain Valley trail network).
- Rebuilt and modified trailheads.
- Revisions to parking regulations.
- New is a chart comparing approaches to Mount Marcy.
Backwoods wanderer with a passion for backpacking, hiking, kayaking, and exploring the wilds of the Catskills and Adirondacks in New York. A Catskill 3500 Club Member and Adirondack Forty-Sixer. Climbed Mount Rainier. Professionally an Exercise Physiologist.